Updated: Nov 21, 2020
Inspired by Vogue's popular series...
As you probably would have seen before, on YouTube, Vogue has a series called 73 Questions, where celebrities answer 73 questions asked by the host. So, here are my 73 questions inspired by Vogue, so you can get to know the girl behind the blog! This is a really fun self-discovery exercise and can be used as an excellent journaling prompt.
1. What’s your favourite day?
Friday! Who doesn't like Fridays?
2. Dream country to visit?
I would love to visit Japan, Scotland and Ireland!
3. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve had?
Getting a cat for my 11th birthday.
4. Heels or flats?
5. Who do you want to write your obituary?
6. Style icon?
Emily Coxhead and Jessica Day from the show New Girl.
7. What are three things you can’t live without?
My family, my glasses (I need my sight) and cats!
8. What’s your biggest fear in life?
Not being successful.
9. What’s your current TV obsession?
10. Favourite app?
YouTube or Instagram.
11. How would you define yourself in three words?
Strong, kind and creative.
12. Superpower you would want?
Time control would be amazing.
13. The best piece of advice you’ve received?
'Take it easy'- because I have the tendency to stress and overthink things a lot!
14. What book are you currently reading?
'Stressed, Unstressed: A Collection of Poems'
15. Best way to take a rest/decompress?
A massive mug of Earl Grey, a cat to cuddle and a good book or TV show.
16. Favourite place to view art?
Any London gallery.
17. If you could master one instrument, what would it be?
18. Puppies or kittens?
Both- I really can't choose!
19. What’s your spirit animal?
20. The best gift you’ve ever received?
21. What’s your favourite colour?
22. Diamonds or pearls?
23. Drugstore makeup or designer?
Drugstore, but who wouldn't love a little bit of designer!
24. Blow-dry or air-dry?
Definitely blow-dry, otherwise I look crazy.
25. Coffee or tea?
26. What’s the weirdest word in the English language?
'Codswallop'- here's a list of my favourite weird words: https://thoughtcatalog.com/sylvie-quinn/2018/06/75-weird-words-every-word-nerd-will-appreciate/
27. What are some of your favourite smells?
Petrichor (the earthy scent produced when rain falls on dry soil/ warm ground), freshly cut grass, lavender, jasmine, baby powder and books!
28. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
Both- but milk more!
29. Summer or winter?
Both, each has something lovely about it. Summer: beautiful days, sun, warmth, holidays and ice cream! For winter: cosy nights in, tea and hot chocolate, Christmas and cute jumpers.
30. A skill you’re working on mastering?
31. Song you can listen to on repeat?
After Rain by Dermot Kennedy.
32. If you could switch lives with someone for a day who would it be?
Taylor Swift, on a day that she would be performing at a concert!
33. Your affirmation for today?
I am grateful for my life, and the people and things in it.
34. Mountain hideaway or beach house?
Mountain hideaway. Don't get me wrong- I'd love a beach house, but there would be more discover in the mountains, so it wouldn't get boring.
35. Hair colour?
36. Eye colour?
Green, like Rihanna's.
37. Scary films of happy endings?
Happy endings- I really don't like scary movies!
38. Last film you watched in cinema?
Bad Boys For Life.
39. What are your top three favourite desserts?
Brownies (anything chocolate to be honest), victoria sponge cake and strawberry cheesecake.
40. What is your favourite sound?
Heavy rain, ocean waves and leaves rustling in the wind.
41. What is your favourite city?
42. What is your favourite drink?
43. What was the first movie you ever saw at the cinema?
Coraline- and I'm very proud of that.
44. Bath or shower?
45. Who are your top three favourite solo artists?
Dermot Kennedy, Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran.
46. Some things about you that others find weird?
I LOVE binders, stationery and the smell of books. Also, I have a favourite font (Lora and Abril Fatface) and I have a favourite punctuation mark (the dash).
47. Biggest pet peeves?
Rude people, bad listeners and people that constantly break promises.
48. Who should people be following right now?
The Happy News and 'rainy.reads' on IG.
49. If you could go to any concert past or present, what would it be?
Dermot Kennedy or Taylor Swift.
50. Favourite pastime?
Blogging, journaling and drawing.
51. What is heavily played on your music playlist right now?
All Too Well by Taylor Swift.
52. What is your favourite holiday?
53. If you could raid one woman's closet who would it be?
Undoubtedly, Jessica Day from New Girl.
54. What are your favourite things to buy?
Stationery, books and clothes.
55. A TV show that makes you laugh the most?
Brooklyn Nine-Nine or Psych.
56. Your favourite album?
Without Fear by Dermot Kennedy and In a Perfect World by Kodaline.
57. Where does one go on a perfect road trip?
Lake District, National Trust Parks or a cute village.
58. What is the best activity when home on a rainy day?
Read or binge-watch a great show, and bake a cake.
59. What is the cutest thing in the world?
Kittens and cats.
60. Do you like surprises?
61. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
Anything that is too sweet- it becomes quite sickly.
62. Who is the last person you texted?
63. What’s your favourite activity to do in your hometown?
Visit the small bookshop and have tea and cake in the park cafe.
64. What’s the next book you plan on reading?
Small Island by Andrea Levy.
65. What do you love on your pizza?
Mushroom, peppers and ham.
66. What’s one cause that’s dear to your heart?
67. What is something you always travel with?
68. Your top three pieces of advice that you would give to anyone?
Enjoy every moment- life is too short, it's okay to cry, appreciate the people in your life that you love.
69. What is your favourite flower?
70. What TV show do you want to start watching?
The After Life.
71. What are your favourite shops?
TKMaxx, H&M, Paperchase, Waterstones and WHSmith.
72. What fun thing do you want to do in the future?
Go hiking in the mountains or a forest.
73. What is your favourite meal?
Bonus Question: What is your favourite band?